Decorator's Notebook with Resene
The Gorgi Team has collaborated with Resene Paints New Zealand to provide design/mood board imagery for decorators using styled room settings and interiors inspiration for paints, wallpapers, furniture, bedding and accessories.
Style notes have been added for further direction.
Sylvie. A colourful new collection by Gorgi.
1. Characterised by a selection of soft pastel colour and accent prints.
2. Mint Green: A fresh calm colour that works as a complementary partner to pink or raspberry, as a backdrop to thoughtful placement of saturated colour, including red and green, as a softer tone to contrast with darker accents in dark brown or ebony, or together with creamy whites or gold.
3. Mint Green Duvet Set - the base cloth: [that is the fabric that we use as a backdrop to other products on the top of the bed and also within the room.]
4.Style direction - the fabric family. [fabrics that we use to add layers and interest to the base cloth]. Try products featuring textured cloth e.g., Gorgi’s natural linen or that those which provide layered styling such as Gorgi’s Mirror Print Quilt in black or scarlet, or Gorgi’s Old World Quilts in black and white pinstripe. 4.a. Style direction - accent fabrics: we recommend Gorgi's accent vintage print pillowcases including Colour Me Pretty Pink, Sage Vintage Lace and Sweet Raspberries or for subtlety Gorgi’s Plain Standard Pillowcases in Pink and Gorgi’s Printed Oxford collection
5. Style direction - furniture and accessories. To create a fresh interior keep furniture light, try painted pieces – image shows Blank Bedside Table by www.freedomfurniture.co.nz or acrylic pieces such as Kartell’s Componibilli or Ghost Chair available from www.loftdesign.co.nz, in soft white or cream, or timber pieces in beech or light oak - image shows Mooi’s Brave New World Lamp available from www.ecc.co.nz. We always like to balance an environment with natural texture, try chunky jute (or hemp) rugs such as the Serengeti Weave by Armadillo Rugs available from www.theivyhouse.co.nz. Keep artwork characterful, such as that shown - Little Indian Warrior Girl by Honeycup - available from www.etsy.co.nz. Alternatives to artwork can be statement walls in pastel print wallpapers – image shows Harlequin a vintage wallpaper available online from by www.retrovilla.dk
6. Resene Wall Colours. We selected a simple palette of three Resene colours to complement Sylvie’s Mint Green Duvet Set. Walls can be painted out in Resene Coconut Cream, Resene Secrets, or alternatively for a more girly look try Resene Devoted. If accent colour in furniture is what you are looking try Devoted or Secrets in separate smaller furniture pieces such as stools, timber chairs, mirror frames or even painted out old trunks etc.
Sylvie - our latest addition to Gorgi's vintage retro range of duvet covers - a collection characterised by gelato colours and fabrics in patterns and prints that are interchangeable.