Gentry [Gen. try] in earlier times was the term prescribed to nobility, to the rank of the gentleman whose demeanor was demonstrated in part by their personal attire .
1. A collection inspired by the classic suit with its set of garments crafted from the same cloth to achieve a structured yet sartorial style.
2. A collection for those who appreciate simplified lines and palettes of post-revolutionary gentlemen’s wear in blue, grey and white colourways.
3. Gentry Duvet Cover Set [the base cloth]
- constructed in navy drill with contrast white satin piping detail and covered buttons. The reverse backing is a 'finishing lining' and fully reversible for simple change out options.
4. Style direction – the fabric family [the fabrics we use to add layers and interest to the base cloth]
, luxe velvets as seen in Gorgi's Oversized Charcoal
and or Navy
Velvet Cushions, Gorgi's Black and White Pinstripe Oxfords
and Bed Quilts
, for stark white contrast add Gorgi's Gentry Insignia Printed Oxfords
by NZ Artist Penny Stotter, and Gorgi's Charcoal Wool Cushions
and Ottomans for warmth and mood in the winter months.
5. Style direction – furniture.
Look for furniture in walnut or oak timbers, modern or vintage in style. The warmth in these wood finishes work beautifully against the mood and drama created by the depth of colour in the duvet and paint colour selections. Mid century or vintage pieces are a perfect fit however take care to work with similar timber finishes in chair, table legs etc to achieve a level of formality and consistency in the room. Featherston chairs
are a great match with button detailing similar to that found in the detailing of the duvet cover, they also hark to an earlier era of aesthetic elegance.
6. Style direction – lighting.
Choose standing and table lamps simple in form, again replica or mid century pieces work perfectly with a mix of contrast wood and painted or fabric shades., alternatively neck lamps in weathered nickle finishes offer classic detail. Katie Brown's handblown glass pendants
suspended above side tables or in an cluster of three or four centered to the room will add simple NZ born style.
7. Style direction – accessories.
Floor mirrors are an essential ingredient for the well groomed individual, wood or aged metal frames work equally as well look for tilt rather than wall fixed options. Wall art – monochromatic typographic prints, poster or print art, combinations in various sizes and contrast black on white or white on black, also look for large scale pieces to sit on the floor in addition to wall hung.