Oasis. A place of calm in the midst of everyday chaos.
1. Introducing a soft and muted colour equally described as a green grey or blue grey, due to the textural quality of the fabric (pictured is Gorgi's 100% Linen Euro Pillowcase in Oasis).
2. A calming, elegant colour that compliments other analogous colour such as black, charcoal, brown, lighter grey green hues and taupe, or as a contrasting backdrop to considered accents in saturated colour including navy, fresh contrasting greens, or metallic bronzes that are deep, smooth and richly dapper.
3. Natural Sand 100% Linen Duvet Cover - the base cloth: [that is the fabric that we use as a backdrop to other products on the top of the bed and also within the room.]
4. Style direction - the fabric family. [fabrics that we use to add layers and interest to the base cloth]. Layer the bed with a second tone in the same, unparalleled 100% linen, 'Natural Sand' - a soft natural linen with subtle flecks and clubs of fibres to create a smooth marl effect . Add subtle pattern with sheet co-ordinates using Gorgi's White with Black Pinstripe Cuff, (or Pinstripe Bed Quilt) or detailing in a Black Saddle Stitch to reaffirm the calm, refined approach. For added dimensional texture, try Gorgi's Black and White Wool Thatch Cushion on the bed, or potentially on a chair or within another area in the room to keep the bed simply made. calm,
5. Style direction - furniture and accessories. Remaining committed to a space that's calm and soothing, ensure the chosen style keeps design lines clean and uncluttered. With an existing room, you may start by removing unnecessary furniture to create a more spacious feeling. The Four Poster Bed by Incy Interiors, designed in collaboration with stylist Megan Morton makes a statement in creating a focal point, yet is considerate with its simplistic lines. A bed that doesn't encourage a virtual life (phones not allowed) but is in favour of rest and sleep and fun only (perfect for creating our Oasis). Consider symmetry and pattern for your rug choice in soft palettes, such as the geometric rug featured from Art Hide (who ship to New Zealand). Nature in the form of plant life will help the bedroom feel grounded and calming - a plant may also have the effect of cleaning the air in your breathing zone. Artwork can be your statement piece as desired, here you can choose colour, graphic bold prints or illustrations in a gentle palette of earth and blue and green tones.
6. Style direction - Lighting. Another area where function and form can align for an overall thoughtful style, without adding extra pieces to the room. Look for pendants in materials that create interest, such as the pictured pendant in copper electroplated steel from ECC.
7. Resene Paint Colours. We selected a simple analogous palette of Resene colour to complement Gorgi's Oasis collection. Statement walls can be painted out in Resene Half Bokara Grey, a burnt bituminous charcoal, warmed by embers and solemn depth. If you have a large space then you could paint all walls - note, with a smaller space take care with strong colour as this can make the room appear smaller. With a smaller space, or to keep it simple, paint the walls in Resene Half Cararra or try Resene Half Tasman for a pale touch of watery grey and green - delicately steadfast and calm. When using lighter colour keep your window sills at half strength or maintain colour right through to retain a contemporary look to your interior.
Additional Image Sources via Pinterest.